Here at FundHero, we decided we want to spend 100% of our time focused on fundraising, because of that we’ve decided to integrate with other tools instead of creating new versions ourselves. Enter MailChimp! MailChimp offers a free plan so you don’t have to worry about any additional fees.
Integrating with MailChimp is perfect for when you want to send out a mass email about your campaign. Whether it’s just a general update or a fundraising push MailChimp can work for you!
FundHero offers a one-way full contact push.
FundHero > MailChimp.
This is to help make sure your FundHero database doesn’t get cluttered with unnecessary contacts who will never donate to your campaign but still would like regular updates. You can always include donation links in your MailChimp emails so that if someone does donate the contact will get logged in FundHero and find it’s way into MailChimp.
To integrate your FundHero account with MailChimp you must first sign up for a MailChimp account. You can learn more and sign up for your account here > https://mailchimp.com/ .
- Login to your FundHero Account
- Click the settings gearin the top right corner and select “Settings” in the dropdown
- Click “INTEGRATIONS” and then click the red button that says “Connect MailChimp”
- Now login to your MailChimp account – once the account is logged in you will be redirected back to FundHero (you may need to click on the “Integrations” tab once again
- Select which list you would like to add FundHero contacts to (currently you can only move your FULL list to MailChimp)
- Click “Sync List”
- Your contacts have now been added to MailChimp!
This integration matches based off of First Name, Last Name, and Email; if any of those appear differently in MailChimp it will create a new contact. If there is no email or no name in FundHero it will not be added to MailChimp.