What are FundHero’s fees?
FundHero’s total fees (including Stripe) is 4.9% + $0.30 per donation. This is what keeps FundHero going so we can provide you with the best fundraising tool possible.
To help you save money FundHero has given all donors the option to cover the processing fee. Over 65% of all donors cover this fee which means that more money goes straight to your account!
This is where things can get a little tricky. Each state/city requires a different way of reporting fees, we recommend you reach out to your local financial office so you know what their expectations are.
In FundHero’s contact page and under the Amount section on the reports we always input the intended donation amount. In the above example that would be $100 whether the fee was covered or not. The Donation Report also provides a breakdown of your donations and fees.
- Total Charged: This is the amount the donors card was charged for.
- The first example would show $100
- The second example would show $105.20
- Fee Paid by Donor: If the donor covers the fee the amount the donor paid will show here
- The first example would show $0.00
- The second example would show $5.20
- Fee Paid by User: If the donor does not cover the fee the amount will be shown here
- The first example would show $5.20
- The second example would show $0.00
- Total Transfer: This is the amount that was actually deposited into your bank account from this donation
- the first example would show $94.80
- The second example would show $100
This detailed breakdown will allow you to record your donations and expenses exactly as your local finance office requires.